Shopkeep - Awful!

Lies, lies, lies! Shopkeep will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign up, their sales people are slick.

Then they disappear. When you discover their system doesn’t work for your businesss, they don’t care....they are the worst and I can’t wait for a class action lawsuit!

Shopkeep Pos System
Review #1488238 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Shopkeep - Logout bug

Shopkeep has a serious security problem. There is a vulnerability that can allow anyone with access to your computer to observe, and edit any and all of your important and confidential information -- like employee salaries. This should be embarrassing and become a high priority fix of a software bug.

Here's how it works ---- I, the employer, and the only user of shopkeep for the company, am the only one who knows the login password. So I open my browser (Chrome) and log into shopkeep. Do my work and logout. Seems so far, so good. Then I leave the store's computer running for other uses thinking that all is well. Not true! Anyone can now get on the terminal and hit the back arrow. They are then redirected to the last screen prior to logout. More back arrows and they can see everything that I did during that last session. Not only that, they are me -- properly logged in and able to edit the company information. It is only if I exit the browser session that the back arrow won't take me back inside shopkeep.

I expect a reply to this disclosure and some serious apologies.

You better fix it fast now that the security breech has been discovered and disclosed. Reply to woolley@wer.com

New York, New York
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1295614 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SHOPKEEP POS SYSTEM - HUGE LEARNING CURVE - WONT LET ME CANCEL CONTRACT

I am a senior citizen, solo small business owner who needed a POS/inventory system for my new business. I watched a video for shopkeep and was then contacted by a slick salesperson who told me how shopkeep was a breeze to use and could solve all my problems.

I ordered the $2000 worth of equipment and agreed to pay the $69 monthly fee for 24/hr support and credit card processing fees. The hardware didn't arrive for three weeks, yet I was charged $69 from day 1. When the equipment arrived in dribs and drabs, the invoice didn't match the shipping orders, and I could not figure out what the components were as the suppliers they use are not the ones quoted, so numbers and instructions don't match. Three days later, I realize I need different equipment, as I need hard-wired equipment, not Bluetooth, so had to send back for an exchange.

I then can't figure out heads or tails how to work this and I'm told to watch 10 videos on U-tube at Shopkeep University. Turns out, I can't do anything without entering inventory, which requires another computer with an excel spreadsheet and a template, which I don't have, which then somehow magically is supposed to get transported into my shopkeepsystem when I get that working. Needless to say, I've exhausted my techno ability and call to send back this disaster. I'm told I am outside my 30 day window and they can not take my equipment back and "try and sell it on eBay".

In addition, I'm told I signed a yearly contract for a discounted rate of $59 and they can not cancel it, so I'm on the hook for the next year, for a system that I've never used, can not use, is brand new back in its box and. never asked for a yearly contract for. (They tell me I was told, on January 1, that since I was a new company, I was entitled to a discounted rate of $59) - where does that indicate its not cancellable, when all of Shopkeep's ads say "Cancel at any time"! I am outraged, and feel so taken advantage of that I am ready to spit.

If this is such a good product, as it may be for some young computer geek or a company full of teenagers, they should have no problem marketing it, or taking it back to sell to another. Why in God's name are they forcing an unhappy, unsatisfied customer to keep a system that is in no way a good fit for them and to have to resort to outing their greedy tactics and bad customer service on social media? Young and *** is all I can say.

This is no way to run a good business and I am predicting their future demise right here and now if their hard handed tactics continue. Shame on Shopkeep.

New York, New York
Shopkeep Pos System
Cons
Being hoodwinked into charges and contracts without my knowledge
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Go back and charge me my original $69 for my one month and immediately cancel my contract
Review #1020958 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1020958.

POS Nation - From the start, many errors. Responsive, but no resolution.

1.8

I bought my ShopKeep POS system/peripherals through them. From the start, they didn't include a cable (mini USB charger ) to keep my iPad running.

Then told me I can get it anywhere (e.g. Best Buy) and brushed it off. The more major issues stem from their contract between my company and vantiv -- a merchant services company. I got hit up with nearly $300 in PCI Compliance fees that were either stated costing $0.00 on my contract, or never ever disclosed to me when revising my contract at the end of April 2016.

When seeking resolution, I have been given the runaround saying that this is a vantiv issue. vantiv meanwhile states that POS Nation is the "farmer" and that vantiv is the "tractor", The only solution that they have offered is cancellation of the contract without penalty -- without penalty except the nearly $300 that I am now out.

Brooklyn, New York
Shopkeep Pos System
Pros
Initial customer service
Cons
Poorly written contracts and refusal to address issues
Not as described
Full refund
Review #889223 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer889223.